The City of Grand Rapids' Design Team offers an opportunity to meet with key review staff. Our Design Team can give you feedback on your plans in an informal meeting before submitting your formal application. The Design Team meeting can help identify and guide developers through any issues that may be identified in a formal review.
Before you apply here are a few things you should know:
1. The Design team consists of City Departments and Agencies which include:
- Environmental Protection (Stormwater & Sanitary)
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Services
- Streets Lighting
- Traffic Safety
2. You are required to have a City Staff as a Sponsor for your application
3. Design Team Meetings are informal. The applicant will still need to secure all necessary approval before construction.
4. It is encouraged that you attach plan drawings or other important documents to your application.