Thank you for your interest in applying to the Children's Ministries Institute®. The application on the following pages will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
Be sure you have enough time to complete the application before you begin, because you will not have the option of saving and continuing at a later time.
If you have any questions or need further assistance in completing this application, please contact us.
636-456-4321 ext. 1207
Please initial after each statement, indicating that you have read and agree.
1. That "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God," by which we understand the whole book called THE BIBLE; that it is inerrant in the original writing and that its teaching and authority are absolute, supreme and final. That the Holy Spirit guided the holy men of old in all that they wrote. 2 Timothy 3:16; Deuteronomy 4:2; 2 Peter 1:21.
2. The Godhead eternally exists in three persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, having the same nature, attributes and perfection. Romans 1:20; Matthew 28:19; Deuteronomy 4:35; John 17:5.
3. In the Personality and Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, truly God and truly man. John 1:1,14; John 10:30; Matthew 1:20; Luke 1:30-31; Philippians 2:5-7; 1 Timothy 3:16; Colossians 1:19.
4. In the Personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit, the source and power of all acceptable worship and service, the infallible interpreter of the infallible Word, who indwells every true believer, and is ever present to testify of Christ, seeking to occupy us with Him and not with ourselves or our experiences. John 15:26; Acts 5:3, 4; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:26, 27; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 14; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 12:13; John 16:13, 14.
5. That man was created in the image of God, after His likeness, as stated in the Word of God, but the whole human race fell in the fall of the first Adam. Not only was his moral nature grievously injured by the fall but he totally lost all spiritual life, becoming dead in trespasses and sins, and subject to the power of the devil. "The carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then, they that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:7, 8). Therefore, he cannot see nor enter the kingdom of God until he is born again by the Holy Spirit. That no degree of reformation however great, no attainment in morality however high, no culture however attractive, no humanitarian and philanthropic schemes and societies however useful, no baptism or other ordinance however administered, can help the sinner take even one step toward Heaven; but a new nature imparted from above, a new life implanted by the Holy Spirit through the Word is absolutely essential to salvation. Genesis 1:26, 27; Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3; John 3:3, 6, 7; Titus 3:5.
6. That Jesus Christ became the sinner's substitute before God, and died as a propitiatory sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. That He was made a curse for the sinner, dying for his sins according to the Scriptures, that no repentance, no feeling, no faith, no good resolutions, no sincere efforts, no submission to the rules and regulations of any church can add in the very least to the value of the precious blood or to the merit of that finished work wrought for us by Him, who tasted death for every man. 1 John 2:2; Hebrews 2:9; Galatians 3:13; Romans 3:25; Romans 4:4-5; Romans 5:8; Colossians 1:13, 14, 20, 21.
7. In the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus Christ; that His body was raised from the dead according to the Scriptures, and that He ascended into Heaven and sitteth on the right hand of God as the believer's high priest and advocate. Luke 24:39; Acts 1:10-11; Ephesians 4:10; Hebrews 1:3; 1 John 2:1.
8. That Christ in the fullness of the blessings He has secured by His death and resurrection is received by faith alone and that the moment we trust Him as our Savior we pass out of death into everlasting life, justified from all things, accepted before the Father according to the measure of His acceptance, loved as He is loved and made one with Him. At the time of acceptance of Christ as Savior, He comes to dwell within the believer and to live out His life of holiness and power through him. Hebrews 9:15; John 5:24; Romans 3:28; Romans 4:3, 23-25; Ephesians 1:3; John 17:23; Galatians 2:20; Galatians 4:6-7; Galatians 5:16; Acts 1:8.
9. That the Church is composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. It is the body and the bride of Christ. That every believer, whether Jew or Gentile, is baptized into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit, and having thus become members of one another we are responsible to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace, rising above all sectarian prejudices and denominational bigotry and loving one another with a pure heart fervently. Ephesians 1:22, 23; Ephesians 2:19-22; 1 Corinthians 12:22-27; 1 Corinthians 1:10-13; Romans 12:4, 5; Ephesians 4:3-6; Ephesians 5:32; Philippians 2:1-5; Galatians 5:13-15.
10. That all believers in our Lord Jesus are called into a life of separation from worldly and sinful practices and should abstain from such amusements and habits as will cause others to stumble, or bring reproach upon the cross of Christ. Believers are created in Christ Jesus unto good works. "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith" (Galatians 6:10). 1 John 2:15, 16; Romans 13:14; Romans 14:13; 1 Corinthians 10:31; Ephesians 2:10.
11. In the evangelization of the world; that the supreme mission of the people of God in this age is to preach the Gospel to every creature. That special emphasis should be placed upon the evangelization of children. Mark 16:15; 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19; Matthew 18:14.
12. In the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; that the coming again of Jesus Christ is the "Blessed Hope" set before us, for which we should be constantly looking. Our citizenship is in Heaven from whence we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:20). Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17; John 14:1-3; Titus 2:13; Philippians 3:20, 21.
13. That the souls of those who have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation do at death immediately pass into His presence, and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the body at His coming, when soul and body re-united shall be with Him forever in glory. Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Luke 16:22, 25; Philippians 1:23; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18.
14. That the souls of the lost remain after death in misery until the final judgment of the great white throne, when soul and body reunited at the resurrection shall be cast "Into the lake of fire" which is "the second death," to be "punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power" (2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9). Luke 16:22-23, 27-28; Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 20:5, 11-15; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9.
15. In the reality and personality of Satan, "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" (Revelation 12:9) Ephesians 6:11, 12; 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 20:10.
Adopted by CEF International Board of Trustees
May 6, 2002
Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc. continues in its commitment to its “Statement of Faith,” which embodies the non-negotiable and historic beliefs of evangelical Christians.
Within the community of evangelical believers various distinctives exist which do not prevent our fellowship in the Lord and our effectiveness as child evangelists.
We therefore resolve that CEF workers are qualified by their unreserved commitment to CEF’s “Statement of Faith” and their further commitment in all CEF activities to refrain from teaching or otherwise advocating doctrinal distinctives either contrary to or in addition to the “Statement of Faith.”
Recognizing the spiritual need of boys and girls in our community and around the world, I would like to assist in the work of Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF).
I understand that CEF is without specific denominational affiliation, and have read the “Statement of Faith” and CEF Doctrinal Protection Policy. In becoming a coworker with CEF, and in order to protect the ministry, I agree not to propagate or practice in CEF ministries any distinctive or controversial doctrines, methods and practices that would go beyond the CEF “Statement of Faith” and the approved CEF curriculum. These would include but not be limited to such things as modes of baptism, alteration of the Gospel message, speaking in tongues, interpretation of Scripture by experience, healing on demand, etc. I understand that anyone who does not adhere to this agreement cannot serve with CEF as paid staff or volunteer.
In teaching Bible lessons in core CEF programs I will use exclusively materials approved by CEF.
In offering my services I trust the Lord to make me a faithful servant, and should problems arise between CEF and me that cannot be fully reconciled, I will quietly withdraw to preserve the harmony essential to having an effective Christian witness.
By proceeding with the application below, I indicate:
a) My agreement with the Statement of Faith and that
b) I will abide by the above Worker's Compliance Agreement and that
c) I will abide by the policies of CEF as long as I am actively involved
Are you in agreement with the Child Evangelism Fellowship Statement of Faith, Doctrinal Protection Policy and Worker's Compliance Agreement? *