Thank you for your interest in Camp Forget-Me-Not. Our camp provides a truly unique experience which allows for the fun of traditional camp activities like swimming, zip-lines, arts and crafts, sports and games, while being infused with grief education, memorialization and support. Please review the following information prior to completing the application:
1. Camp Forget-Me-Not is for children and teens ages 8-17 who have experienced the death of someone significant.
2. Alive volunteers complete an annual background check. After completing this form, you will be contacted by Alive's Volunteer department with further instructions.
3. For the safety of our campers, all camp volunteers will undergo a felony background check.
4. Camp will be held August 13-14, 2022 at the fabulous YMCA Camp Widjiwagan located just 20 minutes east of downtown Nashville. Volunteers will arrive at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and stay overnight (in cabins with campers), leaving camp at 6:00 p.m. Sunday. Cabins are air conditioned with well appointed accommodations and bathrooms.
5. All volunteers must also attend our pre-camp party/orientation Sunday, August 7th at 2:00 p.m. Camp Widjiwagan.
6. Required in-person volunteer training will be held Wednesday, August 10th from 5:30-8:00 p.m. at Camp Widjiwagan.