Thank you for your interest in Camp Forget-Me-Not. Our camp provides a truly unique experience which allows for the fun of traditional camp activities like swimming, zip-lines, arts and crafts, sports and games, while being infused with grief education, memorialization and support. Please review the following information prior to completing the application:
1. Camp Forget-Me-Not is for children and teens ages 8-17 who have experienced the death of someone significant.
2. Alive volunteers complete an annual background check. After completing this form, you will be contacted by Alive's Volunteer department with further instructions.
3. For the safety of our campers, all camp volunteers will undergo a felony background check.
4. Camp will be held August 12-13, 2023 at the fabulous YMCA Camp Widjiwagan located just 20 minutes east of downtown Nashville. Volunteers will arrive at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and stay overnight (in cabins with campers), leaving camp at 6:00 p.m. Sunday. Cabins are air conditioned with well appointed accommodations and bathrooms.
5. All volunteers are required to attend an in-person volunteer training and our pre-camp party/orientation Sunday, August 6th at 11:00 a.m- 5:00 p.m. Camp Widjiwagan.