Mission and Vision
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to creating a world class quality of life in Loudoun County. To achieve this Mission, we created the Loudoun Chamber Foundation to conduct philanthropic and community building activities.
The objective of the Loudoun Chamber Foundation is to advance the Chamber’s strategic priorities and make a meaningful contribution toward creating and promoting a world-class quality of life in Loudoun County.
The Loudoun Chamber’s charitable giving is prioritized based on an applicant organization’s alignment with our strategic objectives and mission. In particular, the Chamber will focus on these areas, in order of priority:
- Economic Development and Entrepreneurship – The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce believes strongly in the value of creating economic opportunity in our community as the most essential element of a world class quality of life.
- Education and Workforce Development – The quality of our workforce and K-20 education systems that prepare our future workforce are essential components of Loudoun County’s world class quality of life.
- Public Safety –The Loudoun County Chamber has a decades-long tradition of supporting our emergency first responders and their families, particularly those that have suffered injuries or death while in performance of their sworn duties.
- Healthy Community – The health of the Loudoun economy and its quality of life is inextricably linked to the health and wellness of its citizens and the financial stability of the organizations that serve our citizens’ health and well-being.
Application Deadlines and Reviews
Applications must submitted electronically by December 1, 2017. Decisions will be announced the first week of January 2018.
- Applicant organizations MUST have official, IRS-designated 501(c)3 status as a qualified tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation or association.
- Priority will be given to applicants that are Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce members.
- Only organizations serving the Loudoun County community will receive Foundation donations.
- Applicant organizations must demonstrate how they will publicize the Foundation’s donation.
- Organizations that receive a donation must agree to send a follow up letter to the Community Advisory Committee within 6 months detailing how the Loudoun Chamber Foundation’s donation was used effectively.
- Organizations are ineligible to receive Loudoun Chamber Foundation donations for two consecutive years.
- Individual grants are expected to amount in the $2,500 - $3,000 range.
The Loudoun Chamber Foundation Will Not Support the Following:
- Organizations without 501c3 Status.
- Political or religious causes, whether those of organizations or individuals.
- An individual participating in fundraising events or activities.
The Loudoun Chamber Foundation is a Component Fund of the Community Foundation For Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties.